Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blessings

My cute neighbor was expecting her 4th child, but 1st with her new husband. It's his first child. It turned out to be a girl! It's her first one, the previous ones are boys. (Here's your sign!) Well CN (cute neighbor) wanted to make her babies blessing dress - did I happen to mention that she doesn't sew hardly at all! Well she had an idea in her head and couldn't find what she wanted in any of the already made clothing stores, or if she did it was extremely over priced. She decides, what the heck, I will just make it. Off to the fabric store she goes. Does she find a pattern that is exactly like what she envisions? That would be a NO. She thinks to herself, "I'm creative, I'll just get this one and alter it how I want". She purchases all she thinks that she will need and is one happy camper!

THEN she asks for opinions and talks to me. dadadunnn......
Not so happy any more. Sorry. :(


I offer to help her out in any way. We have a powwow meeting, she tells me her ideas and I inform her of options and if they can be done. She decides what she wants and gets to cutting and sewing. Then she would come over to see if it was right.


After a trip or four, back and forth across the street, I say "Here let me help you with that." Long story short-ish, I ended up sewing the dress for her, while she sat in the semicomfy chair keeping me company. It was a fun couple of evenings. She talked and I sewed. I just hope that she wasn't to bored or thought that I am to controlling. Oh well, it's done and looks BEEUTIFUL! What else can I say? I remembered for the most part, how to sew clothing. It's been a while.


I can't wait for cute little Macadoodle to be in it and have a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment