Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Quilted Village

I was asked if I would make this quilt for a store. It has been a year and a half since the store that I was working at closed and that long since I have done a store display. I was just a wee bit excited to finally get the chance to show off my talents again. The fabric is called Grace, designed by 3 Sisters, made by Moda and it is their free pattern for this line of fabric. It was kinda fun to make. The house blocks didn't take to long, however the others, took a while. It took me probably a good 20 hours to make this, not counting ironing the fabric before cutting and cutting time. Sigh.......scrappy-ish type of quilts just take a while. My quilter friend (Kaylene Parry) did me a really huge favor to quilt this up lickity split. Now I just have to bind it then it will be on display at Broadbents in Lehi. woohoo!! Sure hope that they like it. (I always worry.)


1 comment: