Thursday, November 25, 2010

Better Late then Never

I finally have all the the blocks framed. Now to trim. What size??? Well mom would like it to be a queen size quilt or as close to it as possible. Well, hmmmm... What layout am I to use? Sashing? or no sashing?? Here is where MATH comes into play with a large piece of scrap paper and of course a calculator! After a little bit of consulting, some time away from the project and A LOT of MATH, I finally decided on how I am going to lay it out and what size I am going to cut my blocks! YEAH ME!! but am I sure? do I really want to do it that way? will it be to much of the background??? the doubts are creaping in. Not a good thing.
So I had a little conversation with myself, nothing to be alarmed over, it happens. "Self, get over yourself! Just do it already!!!!" Well whats a person supposed to do? GET OVER IT! So off to trimming I went!
And here is the pile of the trimmings. There is probably a good yard of WASTE fabric there -- give or take. And yes it A L L went into the garbage!! I know shocker! Right?!?!?!? (Dad would be so proud of me for doing this. However, he would add, Now that I am on a roll, get rid of MORE!) Gotta love him!


And wahlah! here is the pile of all the blocks framed and trimmed to all the same size. Now to cut the fabric so that I can lay it out and get to sewing.
Happy times!

No comments:

Post a Comment